Data subjects, as an owner of their personal information can exercise the rights as follows:
- The users can exercise the following privacy protection rights on KAC
- Request for suspension of personal information
- Request for correction and erasure
- Request for destruction
- Exercise of the clause 1 rights on KAC can be done via writing, e-mail or FAX using the attachment form 8 of Enforcement Regulation of Personal Information Protection Act. KAC will act upon receipt of these forms without delay.
- In case the data subjects have requested for correction or erasure of the errors in their personal information, KAC will not use or release the personal information until the correction or erasure process is complete.
- The rights specified in clause 1 can be exercised by either the legal representative or the user or such proxy. In this case, the users should submit the power of attorney in the format of attachment form 11 of Enforcement Regulation of Personal Information Protection Act.
When you access the web-site of the KAC, the following information is automatically collected and stored:
- Users' Internet domain names and URLs of web-sites from which our web-site is accessed
- Browsers and operating systems (OS) used by users
- Date and time of visit, etc.
To provide higher quality services to users, HTTP cookies are used as a means of storing and retrieving user information from time to time. An HTTP cookie is a small piece of data that a server uses to operate a web-site that is sent to the web browser of a user’s personal computer which may store it on a hard drive. The information automatically collected and stored is used for statistical analysis to improve and supplement web pages and to facilitate communications between users and the web-site to provide better services to users. Please note and understand that relevant statutes may require us to provide such information to a relevant authority in certain cases.
The procedure and method for the destruction are as follows:
- Destruction process
KAC shall destroy personal information without delay when the personal information becomes unnecessary owing to the expiry of the retention period, attainment of the purpose of processing thepersonal information.
- The methods to destroy personal information
Personal information in electronic files shall be permanently erased not to restore data.
Other records, printouts, paper documents, and media containing personal information, other than those referred to in subparagraph 1, shall be shredded or incinerated.
- KAC designates CPO who are generally responsible for personal information protection to save the users from damages and respond to their concerns regarding personal information processing.
Designation of Chief Privacy Officer Infomation
Chief Privacy Officer Privacy Assistant Department Cyber Security Center Department Cyber Security Center Name Hong, Kee-chul Name Kim, Do-hee Contact number 02-2660-2681
Contact number 02-2660-2688
- Data subjects can contact CPO for inquiries regarding personal data protection, concerns, and damage relief from using the services of KAC. KAC will respond to the data subjects' inquiries without delay.
Data subjects can request for consultation or settlement of disputes to find relief for privacy infringements as following organizations.
- Personal Information Infringement Report Center : 118(privacy.kisa.or.kr)
- Personal Information Dispute mediation Committee : 1833-6972(www.kopico.go.kr)
- Supreme prosecutors' office, Internet crime investigation center : 02-3480-3582 (http://www.spo.go.kr/)
- National Police Agency, Cyber bureau : 182 (cyberbureau.police.go.kr)
One whose rights or interest are infringed due to omission or act of commission taken by a chair of a public organization against any demands related to the clauses of Article 35(Aceess to Personal Information) of 「Personal information Protection Act」, Article 36(Correction or Erasure of Personal Information) and Article 37(Suspension, etc. of Processing of Personal Information) can file administrative appeal in accordance with what administrative appeal law stipulates.